Receptionist – Part Time, Bilingual
We are looking for a part time receptionist for our nonprofit mental health counseling agency. Hours: Monday – Thursday, 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION NON-EXEMPT
The receptionist is a customer service position located in the waiting room. As such, the position requires the utmost professionalism and confidentiality. This work setting welcomes distressed people daily and the receptionist’s frontline role is to greet them and make their reception and departure experience a pleasant one.
- Three years’ receptionist experience in a health care office, or college degree in related field
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with MS Office and Excel, and scheduling software
- Ability to easily multi-task
- Warm and kind disposition
- Answer telephones, dispenses information about counseling and education services
- Answer client questions within professional boundaries
- Retrieve and respond to voicemail, answering service, and fax machine messages
- Greet clients and visitors in a helpful manner and gives instructions as necessary.
- Notifies staff of their client or visitor’s arrival
- Updates client information as needed
- Schedule return appointment at client checkout
- Notify therapists when clients arrive
- Reviews all forms for accuracy and completion
- Collect payments for service and post to correct billing account
- Confirm upcoming client appointments by phone
- Balance daily cash receipts and prepare deposit
- Maintain clean and orderly waiting room
- Comply with departmental, agency policies and procedures
- Follows opening and closing procedures according to established procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
CULTURAL SENSITIVITY STATEMENT
Work with multi-cultural individuals and groups in achieving Center for Family Services missions and objectives, and be sensitive to each individual and groups cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Chief Financial Officer
Please send resumes to Allison Francis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Family Services does not discriminate in any employment opportunities or practices or on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by law.