FSLA Classification- Non-Exempt
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations and corporate sources. Grants include local, state and federal funding sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for funding.
- Coordinate efforts of staff members (eg Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, program directors) who contribute needed information for complete grant applications.
- Ensure compliance with all grant-reporting requirements.
- Collect data and program or project outcomes and report to funding source as necessary.
- Understand the agency’s history and programs.
- Coordinate site visits for prospective funder representatives.
- Maintain complete grant files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor cultivation.
- Assist with other aspects of Development, as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Strong contributor in team environments
- A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Art Degree
- Minimum of two years’ experience with grant writing
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Able to monitor and meet income goals
CULTURAL SENSITIVITY STATEMENT
Work with multi-cultural individuals and groups in achieving Center for Family Services missions and objectives, and be sensitive to each individual and groups cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Reports to Chief Executive Officer
Interested applicants should email Dr. Fabiana DesRosiers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center for Family Services does not discriminate in any employment opportunities or practices or on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by law.